Friday, April 1, 2016

#AbuelasFritaCubana

Hey guys, hope you all had or are having a fun and safe spring break. Today we are going to talk about something really easy and yummy to make. Also one of my favorites....FRITAS (the Cuban burger). Fritas were invented by three Cuban guys by the name of Raúl Musibay,Glenn Lindgren and Jorge Castillo. This recipe is very popular here in Miami and one of my favorite places to go eat it at are at El Palacio de las Fritas. My grandmother use to make this delicious snack for me every summer Sunday. As I smell the cooked onion and the garlic my moth waters just writing about it!! I hope you all enjoy, this yummy and easy recipe. And of course accompany this deliciousness with a natural made orange juice with lots and lots of ice.
INGREDIENTS:
Burgers:
1 pound ground beef
3/4 pound ground pork
4 cloves garlic, mashed and finely minced 
1/3 cup onion,grated 
2 tablespoons ketchup
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons sweet Spanish paprika
Salt & pepper cooked patties to taste
6-8 American-style hamburger or steak buns
Topping:
6-8 cups freshly fried shoestring potatoes
raw onion, sliced(optional)
Glenn's Not-So-Secret Sauce 


3 comments:

  1. I have never tried this before and I'm Cuban. It looks amazing so I'm trying this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so good. thank you for the recipe. it looks very simple i will try it! you know cause im trying to cook different things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my I love this! it's one of my dads favorite good!

    ReplyDelete